Go read this article about how we got duped into cooking with gas
I spend a lot of time fretting about how my home might be slowly killing me. As an environmental journalist, it’s part of my job to be hyper aware of any toxins that could be lurking around me. Lately, my gas stove has me especially worried.
I didn’t think much about the hazards of cooking with a gas stove in the past because, like a lot of people, I’ve been bombarded with ad campaigns from the natural gas industry since I was a kid. Recent reporting from Rebecca Leber at Mother Jones exposes how insidious that influence has been.
Gas stoves actually unleash indoor air pollutants like soot, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen dioxide. Beyond that, greenhouse gas emissions from…